LINC/ESL Supply Teacher Pool
We are looking for creative, enthusiastic and experienced LINC/ESL supply teachers.
- Demonstrate commitment to the mission, the goals and the educational philosophy of Niagara Folk Arts Multicultural Centre
- Understand the Canadian Language Benchmarks and facilitate their integration with classroom instruction.
- Follow the Portfolio-Based Language Assessment (PBLA) format and include the use of the pre-developed LINC-related materials or external supplementary materials when appropriate.
- Conduct regularly-scheduled student assessments. PBLA format.
- Record students’ progress. Additionally, submit these advancements as weekly reports, success stories and quarterly reports – submitting each on time.
- Collect student input and provide referral guidance to their settlement needs
- Grade students self-directed activities and homework, incorporating them into the body of the weekly lesson when possible.
- Perform other related duties of a LINC/ESL teacher
- Successful completion of post-secondary education in a field relevant to the position
- All candidates should have an excellent knowledge/command of grammar, communicative language teaching techniques, must be TESL and TESL Ontario certified.
- Strong knowledge of local community services, training providers and relevant on-line resources
- Strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills; resourceful, creative and strategic
- Supportive team player, friendly, helpful, independent work habits, flexible, hardworking and take initiative
- Knowledge of Portfolio Based Language Assessment (PBLA) is a strong asset.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Publisher, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to be highly organized, exercise discretion, and use sound judgment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences.
- Experience working with non-profit organizations is an asset.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of various LINC/ESL activities to use in the classroom.
- Flexibility to adjust lessons to students’ levels and needs.
- Comfortable with using technology for teaching, e.g. Internet, skype, LINC/ESL websites
Apply with resume and cover letter to: [email protected], please no phone calls or visits.
Only those applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Accessibility accommodations and materials in alternate formats for individuals with disabilities can be arranged upon request.
CNC Supply Worker
Under the supervision of the Supervisor, the Child Care Worker is responsible for providing support and assistance to Lead Child Care Worker in the day-to-day management of the pre-school nursery for children of adult students attending day classes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Child Care Worker must:
- Be in the room and ready to accept and supervise the children at the scheduled time.
- Ensure that the room is ser-up appropriately and that preparations are complete before the children arrive.
- Demonstrate in practice a good understanding of children’s growth and development and a willingness to learn.
- Check the children for injuries and illness as they arrive.
- Ensure that the children are always properly supervised.
- Prepare appropriate activities for the children.
- Supervise the children’s daily routine.
- Behave appropriately with the children, individually and in groups.
- Monitor the children’s behaviour with each other and intervene as needed.
- Respond sensitively to the cultural heritage, values and individual experiences of the children.
- Assume an equal share of housekeeping responsibilities.
- Communicate with the parents so that they are kept informed of the rules and kept informed about their children.
- Inspect and maintain toys and equipment, to ensure the children’s safety.
- Integrate special needs children in a positive and respectful manner.
- Promote the vision, mission and activities of Niagara Folk Arts Multicultural Centre
- Assist with events and other activities that contribute to the positive image of Niagara Folk Arts Multicultural Centre
- Support the development of new program areas.
- May occasionally be required to perform duties not set forth in the job description.
Requirements (Knowledge, Experience, Skills):
The Child Care Worker understands and supports Niagara Folk Arts Multicultural Centre’s mission and has at least one year’s experience in Early Childhood Education. This position requires strong communications and interpersonal skills, and excellent leadership abilities.
- Diploma in Early Childhood education (ECE) or the equivalent, as assessed by a community college or by the Association of Early Childhood Education of Ontario.
- Related work experience or education equivalent to one year’s experience.
- Must speak English at equivalent of LINC level 4 or higher.
- First Aid and CPR certification appropriate for working with children.
- Consent to undergo a criminal reference check or provide Niagara Folk Arts Multicultural Centre with copy of a recent criminal reference check
This is an ongoing application. Apply ONLY by email to CNC Coordinator Marion Campbell at the following address: [email protected].
Only selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.