- Provision of a caring and respectful environment that facilitates child development
- Prepares newcomer children with English language and other school readiness skills
- Runs concurrent with the centre’s English day classes
- A well-planned program supervised by four staff
- Program includes crafts, snack, group time with songs and games, small and gross motor activities and an outdoor play space.
The Care for Newcomer Children offers two types of care, Long Term Care which runs concurrent with the Centre’s English day classes and a Short Term Care for Children of Clients using our many services offered here at the NFAMC.
The staff are all experienced with a range of certifications including:
- Early Childhood Education
- Child and Youth Worker Certification
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training (mandatory)
Monday to Friday
9:00 am to 3:30 pm
The Long Term Care for Children has 3 breaks throughout the year, there is a 2 week break in December, 1 week break for March Break and the Program breaks at the end of June for the summer months of July and August and resumes in September.
The Short Term Care for Children is offered throughout the year running concurrently with all services offered here at the NFAMC and breaks for 2 weeks In December.
We offer continuous intake to eligible clients. The child care is of no cost to families with children from the ages of 6 months – 5 years of age, who are studying English as a Second language here at the centre. We offer continuous intake to eligible clients, Who are Landed immigrants or Convention Refugee.
For more information please email: [email protected] or call (905) 685-6589 ext. 223.