Interested in becoming a Career Mentor?
Resources for Career-Based Mentors:
The mentor will be mainly responsible in assisting their newcomer match with career guidance in the specific field they are interested in pursuing in Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Offer career guidance and recommendations
- Mentor newcomer and recognize variations in mentee backgrounds, abilities, and learning styles
- Listen actively and effectively in order to identify and solve problems, facilitate learning, growth and confidence
- Help identify transferable skills
- Assist with resume, job search techniques, networking and understanding of Canadian workplace culture
- College Diploma or University degree
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of the Canadian job market with expertise in a certain field
- Interested in helping newcomers grow and develop themselves professionally
- Experience in working with people from diverse cultures
- Canadian work experience
- Clean Vulnerable Sector Police Check
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Most sessions will be approximately 30 minutes to 45 minutes
- Sessions will take place in public spaces such as our Centre, the Public Library, Café’s, etc.
- Reporting to the Mentorship Coordinator
- Must submit volunteer hours sheet to the Volunteer Coordinator on a monthly basis Benefits
- Flexible hours
- Gain experience working closely with Professional Canadian Newcomers