Volunteering at the NFAMC is an opportunity to learn about other cultures, share your own culture and meet new people. There are several opportunities to volunteer with our Centre and we hope that you choose us on your journey to becoming a volunteer.
Opportunities at our Centre:
Please note that at times there may be a waiting list for positions.
Intake Desk Worker
General Office Support
English Conversation Circle Facilitator
ESL Language Match
Computer Lab Assistant
Day Care Assistant
Children’s Program Assistant
Events & Fundraising Assistant/Community Ambassador
LINC/ESL – TA
Fundraising and Events Worker
Youth Council Communications Chair
Savvy with Social media and promotions for events and activities. Be part of a Youth Council that promotes youth volunteering among your peers while having loads of fun planning and throwing fundraisers and events!
Welland Community Garden Program Assistant
- Assisting to facilitate casual conversation, while gardening and socializing
- Some gardening knowledge is preferred but not necessary. Help Canadian newcomers to make friends and grow their own food!
History Memorabilia Project Assistants
Fact checkers, researchers, photo sorters, museum runners, creative display designers. Help us discover our past!
One to One Language Matches
- Meet weekly for an hour or two with a newcomer who is learning English and assist them in improving their language skills
- Language training or teaching experience is preferred but not necessary
- Native English speakers preferred
Niagara Falls Activities Leader
We are looking for you! Arts and crafts, beading, drawing, painting, board games, yoga, dance, just about anything goes. Facilitate casual conversation while helping newcomers to practice the English they may already know. Watch as friendships and networks start forming around you!
Please note that for some programs the timing of your volunteer placement may be in the evening, but we place our volunteers based on their availability.