NIAGARA FOLK ARTS MULTICULTURAL CENTRE (NFAMC)
is holding a competition for the position of:
Intake Worker (37.5 hours per week)
The NFAMC is searching for a passionate professional with experience providing front-line customer service, and managing a high volume of inquiries. By joining our dynamic team, your work will be meaningful and will have an impact locally and beyond.
Reporting to the Intake Coordinator, the Intake Worker is the first point of contact with all individuals seeking service at our Centre, managing requests for service, directing the flow of traffic and providing useful information in person, on the phone and by email. This dynamic role ensures that all requests for service are met in a timely, client-first capacity within the context of the organizational policies and procedures, Core Values and Service Principles.
- Under the direction of the Intake Coordinator, the Intake Worker receives all requests for service and/or information, in-person, by phone and by email.
- Perform duties as a self-directed customer service ambassador who is assertive, motivated, detailed and creative; ability to anticipate needs and initiate appropriate action. Strong conflict resolution abilities to resolve complaints and takes initiative to exceed client service expectations.
- Greets all guests visiting the centre, listens attentively to service/information requests and determines the best course for the provision of care/information.
- Under the guidance of the Intake Coordinator, the Intake Worker creates electronic client files, verifies eligibility for service, and provides initial intake screening in order to explore and evaluate each individual’s needs by following all established case management procedures.
- Strong understanding of the principles of the case management matrix model.
- Verifies, maintains and updates all client records on a regular basis.
- Referrals – connect newcomers to a wide array of internal and external supports.
- Assessment – determine client needs and identify emerging issues and best practices.
- Administration – prepares and submits progress and summary or statistical reports for the Intake Coordinator, in compliance with stakeholder agreements.
- Quality assurance – ensure accuracy and thoroughness is achieved in the capturing, organizing, maintaining and reporting of all client data, forms, statistics and databases.
- Understanding the outcomes measurement framework of the organization and developing processes to reach and maintain these requirements.
- Execute policies and procedures to maintain client confidentiality.
Qualifications/ Required Experience
- Post-secondary education completion, minimum two-year program, with a focus in Human Services: Social/Community Service Worker, Community and Health Services Navigation, Social Justice and Equity, Psychology or Sociology.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a front-line, client-first role, two years of which, we would prefer supervising people and/or programs in a social service setting, managing client data and client relations.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining community relationships and partnerships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, time management, problem-solving and creativity skills.
- Ability to accurately collect, manage and report data.
- Team-player who is capable of working independently.
- Demonstrable computer skills including use of Microsoft Office – Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License with access to a vehicle to travel to our itinerant sites as needed.
NFAMC embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Our objective is to attract and engage highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences, perspectives and skillsets. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation need known to the Executive Director with an acceptable amount of advance notice.
Deadline to apply is Friday, August 23rd, 2019, 4:00 p.m. Apply ONLY by email to: Emily Kovacs, Executive Director, email@example.com
Interviews for selected candidates will take place during the week of August 26th, 2019. Expected position start date is September 16, 2019, contract runs until March 31, 2020, with possibility of extension/renewal.
We thank all applicants for their time and interest in our organization; only those selected for an interview will be notified.