Click to view larger version
MARCH 2020 PROGRAM DETAILS
St. Patrick’s Day Celebration
Wednesday March 11 from 12 Noon to 2pm. Come and enjoy this traditional Irish party. Food available for purchase. RSVP your ticket at www.therobby.ca Our 2020
Folk Arts Festival, running from April 30 to May 26, is calling for cultural vendors, crafters and artists. Visit our website www.folk-arts.ca/festival to register.
Looking for a job? We can help!!! Bring your job search questions to us. Call us at 905-685-6589 Ext. 231, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or come to see us in Room 9. We can offer you the following:
- Specialized one-on-one sessions available: Education and Training options, Career Planning, Resume & Cover Letter Writing, Interview Preparation, Credential Assessment information, Accessing Licensed Professions information and much more.
- Job Search Workshop (JSW): Offered each month. Learn about how to research your profession in Canada, what jobs are in demand, resumes, interviews and more.
- Practice Sessions: Come and practice with us! Interview Skills, Public Speaking, Small Talk & Networking and Emailing for Job Search and more. Registration required.
Follow us on our Niagara Folk Arts Facebook Page to learn about job opportunities.
For a one-on-one match with an industry professional in your field for career guidance, please contact Yusuf Al-Harazi at email@example.com
Pitch Preparation for Newcomer Entrepreneurs
This class is for participants of the Newcomer Entrepreneur Project. March 10 to 12; 9am to 12pm.
Customer Service Basics Training Session
March 16 to 20; 9am to 12pm. Registration is open. Please make an appointment to register at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-685-6589 Ext. 231.
Friendly Knitting Circle
Join Irene for knitting and craft-making for a local charity; Thursdays at 1pm. Room 14. Learn and give back!
Cooking and Sharing – Group Volunteering
Cooking a meal for a local shelter; March 18 at 12:30pm, in the “Robby” kitchen. Register in advance.
Experiential Language Learning (ELL) sessions for Arabic speaking newcomers 50+ (continues to March 14). Learn and practice language in the community in real life situations.
Sugar Bush Trip, March 12, 10:15am to 1:30pm. Come and learn how maple syrup is produced. Only 30 spots, $12 fee. Register and pay in Room 2.
EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES
Practice conversational English with us
- English Conversation Circle at the Folk Arts; Tuesdays, 12:30pm; Room 10
- English Café at St. George’s Anglican Church (building next door), Tuesdays, 4:30pm
- One-on-one language match for eligible newcomers. For more information, contact 905-685-6589 Ext. 228, or e-mail email@example.com
Chop-Chop Group: preparing food for the needy.
We invite all newcomers to volunteer while practicing conversational English. Group meets March 4 and 25, from 12:30pm to 2pm in the “Robby” kitchen.
Men’s Ping Pong Club
Mondays, 12:30pm; Youth Lounge.
Celebrating Women Activity
(Exploring Body Language Expression with Glenys McQueen-Fuentes) – March 6, 12:30pm, The Robby. Register in Room 2. Only 26 participants. Light refreshments provided.
All Women’s Swimming at Kiwanis Centre
every Sunday 4:30pm to 6pm. Register with Zainab in Room 2.
Walk Aerobics – Keeping healthy and fit!
Every Tuesday, 2:15pm to 3pm. Gentle exercise. Everyone is welcome. The Robby- Upper Hall.
Programming for youth age 13 and up:
Life skills sessions: Come every Monday from 2:30 to 4:30pm to learn valuable skills and prepare yourself for the future. Topics this month include: Know your rights, road rules, and “discrimination and the law”.
Youth Group: meets Wednesdays at 2:30pm.
Volunteering: Come with us to volunteer at Community Care on the last Wednesday of each month.
Trip to Americana Waterpark, Niagara Falls; Feb. 19; 2:30pm to 8:30pm. Registration required; $10/person.
Drop in Soccer: Mondays at Port Weller Community Centre from 4pm to 6pm.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click to view larger version
APRIL 2020 PROGRAM DETAILS
Info to come…