Looking for a job? We can help!!! Bring your job search questions to us. Call us at 905-685-6589 Ext. 231, or email email@example.com or come to see us in Room 9. We can offer you the following:
- Specialized one-on-one sessions available: Education and Training options, Career Planning, Resume & Cover Letter Writing, Interview Preparation, Credential Assessment information, Accessing Licensed Professions information and much more.
- Job Search Workshop (JSW): Offered each month. Learn about how to research your profession in Canada, what jobs are in demand, resumes, interviews and more.
- Practice Sessions: Come and practice with us! Interview Skills, Public Speaking, Small Talk & Networking and Emailing for Job Search and more. Registration required.
Follow us on our Niagara Folk Arts Facebook Page to learn about job opportunities.
For a one-on-one match with an industry professional in your field for career guidance, please contact Yusuf Al-Harazi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Friendly Knitting Circle
Join Irene for knitting and craft-making for a local charity; Thursdays at 1pm. Room 14. Learn and give back!
Cooking and Sharing – Group Volunteering
Cooking a meal for a local shelter; in the “Robby” kitchen. Register in advance.
Experiential Language Learning (ELL) sessions for Arabic speaking newcomers 50+. Learn and practice language in the community in real life situations.
EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES
Practice conversational English with us
- English Conversation Circle at the Folk Arts; Tuesdays, 12:30pm; Room 10
- English Café at St. George’s Anglican Church (building next door), Tuesdays, 4:30pm
- One-on-one language match for eligible newcomers. For more information, contact 905-685-6589 Ext. 228, or e-mail email@example.com
Chop-Chop Group: preparing food for the needy.
We invite all newcomers to volunteer while practicing conversational English. Group meets from 12:30 to2pm in The Robby kitchen. Call 905-685-6589 xt 228 for details.
Men’s Ping Pong Club
Mondays, 12:30pm; Youth Lounge.
All Women’s Swimming at Kiwanis Centre
every Sunday 4:30pm to 6pm. Register with Zainab in Room 2.
Walk Aerobics – Keeping healthy and fit!
Every Tuesday, 2:15pm to 3pm. Gentle exercise. Everyone is welcome. The Robby- Upper Hall.
Programming for youth age 13 and up:
Life skills sessions: Come every Monday from 2:30 to 4:30pm to learn valuable skills and prepare yourself for the future.
Youth Group: meets Wednesdays at 2:30pm.
Volunteering: Come with us to volunteer at Community Care on the last Wednesday of each month.
Drop in Soccer: Mondays at Port Weller Community Centre from 4pm to 6pm.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.