CNC Supply Worker
Under the supervision of the Supervisor, the Child Care Worker is responsible for providing support and assistance to Lead Child Care Worker in the day-to-day management of the pre-school nursery for children of adult students attending day classes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Child Care Worker must:
- Be in the room and ready to accept and supervise the children at the scheduled time.
- Ensure that the room is ser-up appropriately and that preparations are complete before the children arrive.
- Demonstrate in practice a good understanding of children’s growth and development and a willingness to learn.
- Check the children for injuries and illness as they arrive.
- Ensure that the children are always properly supervised.
- Prepare appropriate activities for the children.
- Supervise the children’s daily routine.
- Behave appropriately with the children, individually and in groups.
- Monitor the children’s behaviour with each other and intervene as needed.
- Respond sensitively to the cultural heritage, values and individual experiences of the children.
- Assume an equal share of housekeeping responsibilities.
- Communicate with the parents so that they are kept informed of the rules and kept informed about their children.
- Inspect and maintain toys and equipment, to ensure the children’s safety.
- Integrate special needs children in a positive and respectful manner.
- Promote the vision, mission and activities of Niagara Folk Arts Multicultural Centre
- Assist with events and other activities that contribute to the positive image of Niagara Folk Arts Multicultural Centre
- Support the development of new program areas.
- May occasionally be required to perform duties not set forth in the job description.
Requirements (Knowledge, Experience, Skills):
The Child Care Worker understands and supports Niagara Folk Arts Multicultural Centre’s mission and has at least one year’s experience in Early Childhood Education. This position requires strong communications and interpersonal skills, and excellent leadership abilities.
- Diploma in Early Childhood education (ECE) or the equivalent, as assessed by a community college or by the Association of Early Childhood Education of Ontario.
- Related work experience or education equivalent to one year’s experience.
- Must speak English at equivalent of LINC level 4 or higher.
- First Aid and CPR certification appropriate for working with children.
- Consent to undergo a criminal reference check or provide Niagara Folk Arts Multicultural Centre with copy of a recent criminal reference check
This is an ongoing application. Apply ONLY by email to CNC Coordinator Marion Campbell at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.