Immigrant professionals who participate in the Mentorship Program will be connected to volunteer career mentors in their field.
Through these connections, newcomers will learn about:
- Canadian Workplace Culture
- Licensing and Certification Process (as needed)
- Leadership, Group Facilitation, and Confidence Building
- Developing a Professional Network
- Understanding Canadian Industry Trends
- Finding ways to leverage international skills and experience
As a Newcomer to Canada seeking career advice and guidance, register as a Mentee to discover the career opportunities around you.
As a Career-Based Professional willing to share your Canadian experience, register as a Mentor to give back to newcomer professionals in your community.
The Mentorship Program offers the following services:
- One-on-one mentorship match with a career professional in your field of choice
- In-person and virtual group sessions on a variety of career-related professional topics
- Workplace mentorship placements (when possible during COVID-19)
- Resume and portfolio review assistance
- Career guidance
- Large scale networking events (when possible during COVID-19)
During COVID-19, we are currently offering services online.
Funded by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada, in order to be eligible for the Mentorship program, you must be one of the following:
Permanent resident, landed immigrant, intend-to-land, approved PR application, Convention refugee or live-in caregiver.
Additional Requirements: A minimum level of English CLB level 4 (*CLB: Canadian Language Benchmarks).
All Mentorship Program activities are made possible thanks to the generous support of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada and the support of our partners and volunteers in the community.
Most of our Mentorship program service delivery is offered at our St. Catharines main location (85 Church St., St. Catharines) and occasionally at our satellite locations in Niagara Falls and Welland.
Our service hours are 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. However, if you are matched with a mentor, the meeting schedule is flexible and may include evenings and weekends.
Please email email@example.com for the latest information or if you have any questions or concerns.
You may also call 905-685-6589 ext 261 to speak to our Mentorship Coordinator.