The Multicultural Centre youth group supports newcomer youth ages 13-24 who are settling in Canada. The youth group consists of various components including a weekly conversation circle on Mondays from 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm designed to encourage youth to learn and practise English in an open and welcoming environment aside from educational settings. Along with this, we run a drop-in youth program on Wednesdays from 2:30 pm – 6:00 pm.
- Post-Secondary Guidance (OSAP support)
- Tutoring Matches
- Cooking Activities (every last Wednesday of the month)
- Professional Development Opportunities (First Aid, Smart Serve etc)
- Recreational Activities
- Life Skills and Employment Workshops
- Mental Health Workshops
- Homework Help (Every Tuesday from 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm)
- Conversation Circle (Every Monday from 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm)
- Programs are offered after school, weekends and during school holidays
Youth workers provide support to newcomer youth by helping them succeed in finding volunteer opportunities, job search, and educational support. Overall, the youth services program provides newcomer youth with a safe and welcoming environment to grow and thrive as they settle into Canada.
Permanent Resident, Refugee Claimant, Convention Refugee, Landed Immigrant, Intent to Land or Live-in Caregivers are eligible for youth programming at no cost.
Any youth age 13 to 24 who is interested is welcome to stop by the centre or make an appointment to meet with the Program Coordinator for a short interview to learn about the program and determine which program is best for you.
Monday to Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm in St. Catharines
Niagara Falls by appointment only.
For more information or to register for upcoming activities please email or call: email@example.com
St. Catharines 905-685-6589 ext. 243
Niagara Falls 289-407-1358
Join us on Facebook and Instagram!