As a newcomer to Canada, you may have questions about job searching and what you can do to find the job of your choice. Our employment services are available on-line and in-person; our team of specialists understand the job search needs of people new to Canada. We succeed when you succeed!
As a newcomer to Canada, you may have questions about job searching and what you can do to find the job of your choice.
Our team of specialists understand the job search needs of people new to Canada. We succeed when you succeed!
- Employment Assessment – We will conduct a thorough employment needs assessment, which helps us to better understand your situation, needs and goals.
- Career Planning – We will work with you to create a personalized and detailed Career/Employment Action Plan, which will help guide you with your job search and help you reach your career goals.
- One-to-one Sessions – Resume writing guidance, job interview preparation including preparing for on-line interviews), completing on-line job applications, local labour market research support, alternate career research, credential assessment information, trades and apprenticeships and much more.
- Group Sessions – Topics include: accessing licensed or regulated professions, career exploration, self-marketing, small talk, networking and social media presence, networking and connecting with local employers and job fairs.
- Job Development – Let us connect you with local employers. Currently we have over 400 employers in our database!
- Permanent Resident
- Landed Immigrant
- Approved PR application
- Convention Refugee
- Live-in Caregiver
Additional Requirements: A minimum level of English CLB level 4 (*CLB: Canadian Language Benchmarks).
- Canadian Citizens
- Temporary Residents
- International Students
Niagara Folk Arts Multicultural Centre
85 Church Street
905-685-6589 Ext: 225
Monday to Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Due to COVID-19, we are currently offering services virtually.
Our commitment is to provide our employees with a professional, respectful, fun and inspiring environment in which to expand their career potential. We are also committed to transforming the recruitment industry by launching innovative new ways for employers and candidates to find and get to know each other better online.
As a newcomer to Canada, you may have questions about job searching and what you can do to find the job of your choice. Our employment services are available on-line and in-person; our team of specialists understand the job search needs of people new to Canada. We succeed when you succeed!Learn More
English as a Second Language Classes
Our centre offers full time Language Instruction for Newcomers (LINC) and English as a Second Language (ESL) instruction for adults of varying levels of language ability. Our LINC/ESL program facilitates students’ social, cultural and occupational integration into Canadian life.Learn More
Healthcare Navigator Training Program for IEHPs
The Niagara Folk Arts Multicultural Centre is launching a pilot Healthcare Navigator Training Program for IEHPs that will create a pool of trained professionals who can assist and advocate for newcomers to Canada when they access healthcare in Ontario. The project will assist healthcare employers in the delivery of newcomer healthcare, it will help newcomers learn to navigate Ontario’s complex healthcare services and it will assist IEHPs to overcome the significant barriers to workforce entry they experience.Learn More
Our Bridging Barriers to Newcomer Mental Health program provides mental health support to newcomers in Niagara who are experiencing language and other social barriers to accessing mainstream mental health services.Learn More
Migrant Workers Support Project (MWP)
The Niagara Folk Arts Multicultural Centre (NFAMC) is pleased to launch a pilot program designed to support Migrant Workers across Niagara. The Niagara Folk Arts Multicultural Centre will work in partnership with The Neighbourhood Organization (TNO) to provide migrant workers information, support and services so they can better navigate their time in Canada.Learn More
Peer-to-Peer Vaccine Education & Outreach Program
Our Peer-to-Peer Vaccine Education & Outreach program provides information & education sessions to newcomers in Niagara so they have access to culturally and linguistically evidence-based information when it comes to COVID-19 & vaccines.Learn More
The Settlement Department assists newcomers to meet their immediate and longer-term settlement needs, including information and orientation to the community, referrals to community and social services, solution-focussed counselling and assistance with settlement plans.Learn More
We celebrate and promote cultural, social and economic inclusion and well-being of all immigrants and newcomers.
We are a gateway to equitable, respectful and welcoming communities for immigrants and newcomers in Niagara.