Invest some time, invest in your future!
As a newcomer to Canada, you may have questions about job searching and what you can do to find the job of your choice. The Job Search Workshop Program is available on-line and in-person; our team of specialists understand the job search needs of people new to Canada. We succeed when you succeed!
- Employment Assessment – we will conduct a thorough employment needs assessment, which helps us to better understand your situation, needs and goals.
- Career Planning – we will work with you to create a personalized and detailed Employment Action Plan, which will help guide you with your job search, to help you reach your career goals.
- One-to-one Sessions – resume writing guidance, job interview preparation (including preparing for on-line interviews), completing on-line job applications, local labour market research support, alternate career research, credential assessment information, trades and apprenticeships and much more.
- Group Sessions – topics include: accessing licensed or regulated professions, career exploration, self-marketing, small talk, networking and social media presence, networking and connecting with local employers and job fairs.
- Job Development – let us connect you with local employers. Currently we have over 400 employers in our database!
Funded by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada, in order to be eligible for Job Search Workshop programs, you must be one of the following:
Permanent resident, landed immigrant, intend-to-land, approved PR application, Convention refugee or live-in caregiver.
Additional Requirements: A minimum level of English CLB level 4 (*CLB: Canadian Language Benchmarks).
All Job Search Workshop Program activities are made possible thanks to the generous support of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada and the support of our partners and volunteers in the community.
We are available to support you with your career goals from Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm, we can meet you in person or through phone or video call.
March 7, 2019